Sunday, December 24, 2006

For the sharks that need sleep...

Last Thursday night I started and finished the book by Drew Rosenhaus "A Shark Never Sleeps". It is definitely a must read for any aspiring agent. Whether or not it is entirely true really doesn't matter. It will hold your attention rather easily. The only thing in Drew's book that I don't think I can accomplish myself is operating on only 4 hours a sleep a night. I decided today to take a few hours and do some research to see if its possible to train your body to need less sleep.

On an average night I usually get about 7-8 hours of sleep. I can operate on 3-4 hours of sleep but not sustained. I was hard pressed finding any clinically proven ways of training your body to need less sleep. There are a lot of people claiming they have done it. Most of the clinical sites use the same line. That your body knows how much sleep it needs and to deprive that is unhealthy. Most of the regenerative properties of your body excel while you sleep, everything from hormonal balance to skin repair. I even read that sleeping more helps you stay thin. I don't know how much stock I put into that last find, but overall the tone was its unhealthy to try and sleep less. Most of the successful executives I know do so on about 6 hours of sleep a night. This week I am going to try cut back from 7 hours a night to 6.

No comments: