Sunday, December 31, 2006

As the new year rolls in...

It is not only important to set goals for yourself in life, but more importantly to do everything in your power to achieve them. Whatever your goals might be make sure to have them however small they may be. My new year's goal is to keep this blog going. I have been going strong for a week now and it challenges me to keep moving forward in my dream to become a successful sports agent.

As I walked thru Walmart this weekend with my wife I was looking for some lent brushes couldn't find any so I asked the first employee I saw. My mistake, here I thought someone who stocked shelves at walmart might know where something is. The first person's response was "that's not my area, try back in housewares". We proceeded to housewares and found the first employee I could. "Mam, could you please point us in the direction of the lent brushes?" I would love to give you a quote from her but it was more like a grunt and a nod. She clearly didn't know what I was asking. At this time I realized asking an employee there was a waste of time. I turned around and not more than 5 feet from where this second lady was stocking items was a lent brush. It never ceases to amaze me at how ignorant our society is becoming. Even people who lack the ability to put together a sentence are given jobs in a people oriented service industry. These people did not challenge themselves. They did not push themselves to conform to society norms, Instead they take the lazy easy way out, make minimum wage and are prepared to blame their own misfortune on the world.

You are what you make of yourself. If you have a dream don't lose sight. At some point in life we all fall down. I have had my falls believe me, at 28 I have experienced many highs and lows in my life. Stallone put it best in rocky 90 that came out this week "its how hard of a hit can you take and still keep moving forward." This new year's stick to your resolution, if you fail you can always blame the world like the rest of the unsuccessful. As for me I will keep getting back up and moving forward, whatever life throws at me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep on pushing with the blog. I started mine last New Years Eve and after one year, it has been one of the most rewarding ventures I have undertaken. Good luck from a fellow "wannabe" Sports Agent!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.